Welcome to the new Center for Undergraduate Research & Academic Engagement Research Mentor Portal!
UROP Research Project Submission Portal 2017- 2018Deadline: August 11, 2017
Thank you for your interest in submitting a UROP research project.
To help guide your UROP project submission, you can view UROP projects from previous years here (you do not submit projects at the link below).
When entering information about your UROP project, please note:
- Students accepted via a competitive admissions process into UROP will have access to the database of UROP projects at the start of the fall semester in late August.
- Students interested in working on your project will contact you in early Fall semester. You may select the students with whom you would like to work. You do NOT have to select a UROP student if you do not find a suitable candidate, so there is no risk to uploading a project to the UROP database.
- Students have until October 1st to secure a UROP research position. Once you select the UROP student, you have to sign the student's contract form (deadline October 1st). Students will work with you in Fall and subsequent Spring to meet one of the UROP requirements (assistantship).
- If you area FSU faculty/grad student/post doc participating as a UROP mentor, you are eligible to apply for the UROP Materials Grant. Please note that community research mentors are not eligible to receive the Materials Grant.
-You must complete an evaluation survey in order to help us grade (S/U) the student for Fall and Spring UROP colloquium classes.
NOTE: Graduate students may serve as the sole PI on a project and do not need to have their research listed under a faculty member's project.
We would like to mention the following things to you to make your proposal more significant, understandable, and exciting to the students.
- Use of strong and appealing keywords relevant to your area of research in the proposal section.
- Adding a video-clip or citing one of your publications related to this area.
- Opportunities for potential collaboration with other departments.